Friday, November 16, 2007

It's Time II

The news was the harbinger of guilt.
I always felt something
Slipping down my closed palm.
What it was I did not know.
Its value, I did not realize.

The sudden fall opened my senses to the feeling,
What I had hid so well,
to the point of suppression.
And all it took was this news,
to bring out a vortex of emotions.

I cannot explain what I am feeling.
And I know there is no point trying;
No one would understand.
It is time to be more honest to myself.
And tell what needs to be told,
And show what needs to be shown.
It’s time to make amends;
It’s time to remove the mask I have worn.

3 comments:

Maheswari S K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anup J Nambiar said...

I do not know why the reader would agree with the closing lines of the poem!!! The mask I have been wearing (according to the poem - don't know whether it is for real!) is just in one context, which I wouldn't like to speak overtly about hi hi

Maheswari S K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.