Saturday, December 23, 2006

Constellation II

Something I had feared for long,
but had myself prepared for,
happened on a star filled night.
The way things had been for
some time, helped me
through it, without any change
in expressions.
I did not flinch at this news I had heard.

I looked at the sky asking the Creator
why I had to go though this rough patch.
Hadn’t I cleared all the tests
I had been put through?
He seemed justified in doing so.

It is then I noticed something.
The constellation that was
a personified being in my life
was not there.

I remembered seeing it the night before.
Today it seemed all elusive.
The skies seemed to have
heard the news too.

After a couple of hours, during the
regular loss of electric power,
I looked up at the skies again.
Had the constellation really let me down?

I could see it as bright as ever.
The personification no longer remained now.

No comments: